Our advanced steel products are engineered to meet rising consumer expectations for value and auto industry
standards aimed at improving vehicle safety, reliability, fuel economy, emission performance,
recyclability and affordability. Our product focus is delivering:
- Advanced high strength galvanized or galvannealed steel for stamping auto parts,
- High surface quality galvannealed steel for exposed auto body panels,
Our automotive portfolio features a new generation of high-strength, low-alloy steels:
lightweight, very strong, versatile and exceptionally formable, enabling car manufacturers to
innovate with design concepts and optimize manufacturing and assembly processes. We're
leaders in the auto sector for bake hardenable products made from medium-strength steels
that become harder and more dent-resistant during the stamping and painting process.
- highly formable sheet metal for driving innovation into critical aspects of car design, including performance, safety and fuel efficiency through decreased vehicle weight.
- steel products that help carmakers meet demanding crash-worthiness standards to protect drivers and absorb impact energy.
- steels that minimize damage to body panels from minor impacts.
- galvanized and galvannealed steels for long-lasting rust protection.
- cost-effectively producing steel in high volumes, consistently meeting the specifications of car designers and manufacturing engineers for formability, weldability, paintability and surface quality.
- steel products manufactured at environmentally-sound facilities which can be fully and easily recycled into new products while maintaining their key metallurgical properties,.
Outer body panels
- doors, fenders, decklids, roofs, side panels. We supply value-added (class 1) exposed quality zinc-iron alloy coated sheet, commonly known as galvanneal. Our product has exceptional surface quality and uniformity. The zinc or zinc-iron coating is key for corrosion protection. These sheets are produced up to 1830 mm wide, a critical advantage because many of these parts can be quite large. The use of higher-strength products enables a car manufacture to choose between reducing steel thickness to lower vehicle costs or to maintain it for improving resistance to minor dings and dents.
- made from cold rolled and coated sheet. Our products range from formable high-strength, low-alloy steel to ultra-high strength steel. The trend is toward higher-strength steels to improve crash-worthiness in safeguarding the passenger compartment and increasing energy absorption at the front/rear of the automobile. We continue to develop high-strength steels for safety-critical applications. Dual-phase steel represents the future of automotive steel, providing high-strength for weight reduction, exceptional formability for making complex parts and first-rate crash energy absorption to meet stringent safety standards.